Monday, June 21, 2010

Action packed



The A-Team

I liked this movie, and I liked the television series. It's an action-packed, ingenious (MacGyverish almost), funny movie. The new A-team members, lead by Liam Neeson, who is not quite as suave as Peppard, stack up really well against the originals. The plot is almost irrelevant (retrieve this briefcase) but the methods used to pull this off are totally satisfying. Lots of double crosses and double agents, a continually frustrated Jessica Biel, and some not-so-good PR for the CIA. I liked the lovely laddish Mr Lynch though - all of them. The action sequences, the escapes, the planning sessions, the inventions, it's all good. Camera work is choppy, enhancing the feeling of action, not so good if you are migraine prone. Music is great, the A-team theme of course, and I think I heard a little "Final Countdown" used most appropriately in the not terribly realistic but still fun shipping container scene. Special mention for mad Murdock and all the different flying machines. I love it when a movie comes together.



That's all for today folks.












2 comments:

  1. Did that guy say 'I PITY THE FOOL?' :'D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Actually, I think so. We did see that though, tattooed on his knuckles

    ReplyDelete