Monday, March 7, 2011

Girl power

It's almost a month since my last post. Sorry about that. I've been a bit busy learning things.



The Blue Collar Comedy Tour


I think that was the title, I watched it at the gym with BH, who was able to translate some of the more incomprehensible parts for me. Four comedians with a bit of a redneck theme. Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy and a couple of others. What can I say? Two countries divided not only by a common language but by humour that just does NOT translate across the Atlantic. According to these guys, the definition of a redneck is somebody with no sophistication at all. Apparently that is something to be proud of. Give me Ricky Gervais any day.

The joke about shooting the horse was funny, kept me chuckling for days. I am not a horse hater, it was just so unexpected.




Thelma and Louise


Yay, girl power! I think BH was a little perturbed at my approving reaction to the murder and mayhem that Thelma and Louise dish out in this classic cult movie. Not sure if it is a widespread cult fave, but for me and my BFF (33 years, that's getting close to forever) who shall remain nameless, it's our ongoing fantasy. I have to admit, this is the first time I have actually seen the movie and I think we may have to tone our planned road trip down a little. Yes to the convertible, the scarves, Brad Pitt and lots of laughter. Yes to a scenic trip to the Grand Canyon. No to carrying guns, killing people or rapists however much they deserve it, holding up convenience stores and blowing up semis. We probably wouldn't do the cop in the trunk thing either. Definitely no to not stopping at the edge of the Grand Canyon.

I really liked this movie. There are some great recognisable and memorable moments, characters, actions and reactions going on. Thelma's husband, the look on Harlan's face, Thelma's grin whenever she thinks of JD, Thelma's husband's reaction to JD's taunts, the final encounter with the truck driver, Harvey Keitel's character's reasonableness. Perfect music, great scenery and a nice little car. Yep, a teal T-bird convertible - my kind of car. Brad Pitt is very young and has a very low body fat percentage. Worth a look.

So, nameless BFF, I am looking for a convertible, you bring the scarves, and let's do it!




Still winter. Had some snow. Drove through a lot of snow. When driving, I prefer the snow to be on the ground and not still falling. Kitties are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment