Saturday, November 27, 2010

Good homes wanted

I haven't watched any movies for ages, except Sleepless in Seattle (yes, again).Thanks Joe for recommending this movie, and for your hospitality.



August Rush


What a lovely movie! I really liked this. Two musicians (Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers) have a night together and are prevented from meeting again. She finds herself pregnant, is in an accident and her father tells her the baby died. Young Evan (the excellent Freddie Highmore) grows up in a boys home, hearing music in everything. He goes looking for his parents, gets mixed up with a Faginesque Robin Williams and his genius is discovered. One of those movies where they all almost meet, a movie with strings that need to connect, and eventually they do. Lovely acting performances and musical performances, including great singing from Arthur. Great music throughout. The music Rhys Meyers performs reminded me of James Blunt compositions, maybe a little John Mayer. All very pleasing.



White Oleander


The book, not the movie. I found this at the library and read it because I admired the oleanders in a town we visit and BH told me they are poisonous. Beautiful characters, the egocentric mother and the detached artistic daughter. Author Janet Fitch has a lovely turn of phrase, elegant and descriptive. I liked this book, I cared about Astrid and wanted to follow her journey.




I probably won't be posting anything for a few weeks, but hope to have some unusual movies for you when I return.

I now have three tiny kittens, siblings to my two black cats. They are big black cats now, especially Tui. Lotto's tail is still dying by degrees but he is fine and is the dominant one. I have to find homes for the kittens, if I have five cats I will be a cat lady. There are two black and white babies, Mel and Ray, not unlike my Marley, (yes, anagram) and a black one, Lex, just like his big brothers. I hope I can find nice kind homes for the gorgeous kitties. I had to rescue them as temperatures dropped to minus 17 degrees C. Now they live in the lap of luxury with a heating pad in their bed and lots of tasty food.Lots of turkey at the moment.There was one more kitten but it looks like he didn't survive the cold and snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment