Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oldies but goodies

All the trapped Chilean miners were rescued. It was a great success with international cooperation. I am in awe of the miners for surviving that ordeal and staying sane. They must be tough.

Having to watch the home stock of movies.


Sleepless in Seattle


Yes, again! It's the cinematic equivalent of comfort food for me. You know I love this movie so this time just a couple of safety warnings. Don't read a map while driving and don't approach, let alone pick up and open, an unattended backpack on the viewing deck at the Empire State Building. I lived in London in the 1980s when the Irish Republican Army used parcel bombs as the weapon of choice against the English, I know these things.



American Pie 1 and 2


These movies are great! Stupid, funny, gross and crass (Stifler) but so teenage. All about teenage relationships, that's a bit of a euphemistic way of looking at it. Finch is wonderful, also Jim and band geek Michelle (now in "How I met your mother" with Doogie Howser). Stifler has mastered being that awful guy everybody hates, and Stifler's mom - wow! Jim's dad is cringingly embarrassing. The soundtracks are fantastic, AP1 has a Bic Runga song, here's a link for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xklmr6ey1V0&feature=related

and just for fun, one of my favourites, relevant to the movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJWQkVgDs4

Now I'm going to watch American Wedding.




Guess I had a little trip down memory lane there.

No comments:

Post a Comment